The iTero Impression Scanner takes highly accurate digital images of your mouth to help your dentist diagnose orthodontic issues and develop a custom treatment plan for you.
The intraoral scanner is equipped with a wand that your dentist moves around your mouth to create 3-D dental impressions of your bite. They can scan hard-to-reach areas in the back of your mouth thanks to the small wand design.
iTero & Invisalign
Invisalign is a series of removable clear aligners that can help you achieve a straighter smile without traditional metal braces. iTero is compatible with the Invisalign system and helps your dentist plan your orthodontic treatment. iTero can also easily send the digital data it captures to Invisalign Technologies to create your custom aligners.
The iTero Process
The procedure is simple and will occur during the planning phase of your Invisalign treatment. Your dentist will begin by taking a complete 3D scan of your entire mouth with the iTero scanner. Following that, your dentist will project this image onto a computer screen for you to see how your current smile looks from all angles. They will then use iTero technology to show you a complete 3D simulation of your smile after your Invisalign treatment is finished. When your scans are finished, your dentist electronically sends them to Align Technologies so that they can begin creating aligners just for you.
Benefits of iTero
Using the iTero intraoral scanner, your dentist can design an effective Invisalign treatment plan for you. There are several advantages to using the scanner during the treatment planning process.
- Your dentist can adjust your treatment plan in real-time.
- Your data can be stored digitally and easily shared with other professionals and third-party providers, like Invisalign.
- You can see how your smile looks before and after treatment.
- Your treatment is more efficient and convenient for you.
- You can track your treatment progress along the way.
- You don't have to deal with the goopy mess of traditional impressions.